Health Benefits of Leafy Green Vegetables
A diet rich in leafy greens has a variety of health benefits. They are a powerhouse of nutrients.
Micro-nutrients that are found in Leafy Greens have some pretty important benefits such as.....
Vitamin A- Healthy eye sight
Vitamin K- Healthy bones and allows the body to clot/healing wounds
Vitamin C- Healthy immune system
Fiber- Healthy digestive tract
Here are the Top Six Leafy Greens that you should start adding to your diet.
1. Kale- Vital Nutrients and also has Vitamins A,C,K. Lutein, Magnesium and Calcium
2. Collard Greens- Vitamins A,C,K and Magnesium
3. Spinach- Contains Iron, Protein and Folute. As well as all the other nutrients listed above.
4. Cabbage- Contains Protein. One would not think of cabbage of being a source of protein.
5. Swiss Chard- Potassium and Manganese
6. Arugula- B9 and Nitrates
Try fitting these 6 Leafy Greens into your diet........eat them however you would like cooked, raw or blended in a shake. The most important thing is that you get your green leafy veggies servings in. Your body will thank you!!